Great Ideas for Decluttering
If you feel like your home is too jam-packed with things you have loved collecting over the years or that you don’t need at all, then you’re not alone. And many people probably feel the same way as you do about decluttering. You know, that overwhelmed, anxious, dismissive approach to decluttering. But fear not, because decluttering is easier than you think, you just need a plan. So with that in mind, here are some excellent decluttering ideas from your favorite cleaning services Red Deer company that will get you started.
Think of the Benefits of Decluttering
We all lead busy lives, so who has time to declutter? The answer should be, everyone! Here is what decluttering can do for you:
- Fewer items to clean- Save yourself some time on every cleaning day with less of the cluttered items you have all over the place that will no longer need cleaning because they are not there anymore.
- Organizing is made simple- You will find that it’s easier to stay organized when you don’t have to sift through too many objects in the way.
- Less emotional stress- Your living space can once again be your place of solitude as you don’t have to look at or deal with so many items you never liked in the first place.
- Save money- A decluttered home tends to stay decluttered, so you will likely not go out to spend on more useless objects that you don’t need. Imagine saving money for the future or some other important expense down the road.
- More time to do what you love- You will be able to focus on the things that matter most when you have more time and more money in your pocket. You will be happier overall.
Getting Down to the Business of Decluttering
The first rule is, don’t make this harder than it has to be. Start with what feels comfortable and take it from there. Remember, nobody is saying it has to be completed today.
- The 5-minute rule- Start slow and only do 5 minutes each day.
- Get rid of one item per day- You can sell, donate, or gift one thing you have in your home each day and before you know it, you will see major progress.
- Donate what you don’t use- We all have clothes in the closet that have not been worn in years. Give these items the 1-year test: If you haven’t used it in 12 months, it’s out.
- Create a declutter list- Take an inventory of every room and closet so you can see what you have on paper, then start crossing things off while you enjoy a beverage. That will make it easy to go back to those rooms and just empty what’s left on the list.
- Take before and after pictures- Looking at a room before and after a decluttering can help you see your progress and motivate you to continue.
There are plenty of ways to declutter. These are just a few ideas that can help you get started so you can enjoy home again.